Permeate this unique and fragile ecosystem can be conceived only through a responsible and respectful tourism. That is the reason why the Sat Toung, traditional boat decorated in an “ethnic chic” style, only takes 4 cabins and 8 passengers maximum, and propels you in this exceptional, exciting and very exclusive adventure, far from mass tourism while enjoying comfortable cabins. The on-board power supply is of solar origin, thus avoiding exhaust emissions and noise pollution caused by the operation of a generator 24 hours a day, especially during the night. It will allow you to let you carry by the rhythm of its nonchalant navigation to the discovery of a fully preserved nature. This kind of cruise nevertheless knows constraints, please fully understand the “Important Informations” at the end of this page.
You will board the Sat Toung (the pelican in Khmer) for an unforgettable adventure of 3 days and 2 nights, where you will discover the ancient and charming city of Oudong, ancient and mysterious capital of Cambodia. Then you will arrive at Kampong Chhnang after having sailed through a labyrinth of small arms of the river, which will plunge you into the peaceful life of Cambodian provincial cities, where time seems to have slowed down.
You will visit there in tuk-tuk about 5 Km from the port a village made of traditional pottery workshops sold throughout Cambodia. Then, after a hearty lunch on board, visiting the floating village of Chnok Tru in a small boat in the community will make you discover a way of life very far from ours. After looking for our way to enter Tonle Sap Lake, we will head to a shelter between 2 islands, away from all habitations, lost in the middle of this flooded forest ecosystem that characterizes Lake Tonle Sap. There, dinner will be served with fellow travelers the cries of the birds nesting all around the boat.
After a breakfast during which you can enjoy the specialties of organic farming Khmer, the third day will be dedicated to cross the lake to the village of Kampong Khleang. There we will board a small boat in the community to visit the village on huge pilings on the edge of the flooded forest. Then we drive to the village of Chong Khneas through the crocodile farms, homes, schools, all aquatic life in this village marking our arrival in Siem Reap, gateway to the fabulous Angkor temples entry .
We do not hesitate to assert that a one week stay in Cambodia compound of this cruise preceded or followed by the visit of the Angkor temples will fail one of your most fantastic travel souvenir.
|Phnom Penh – Siem Reap cruise||Front cabin-Twin sharing||Front cabin-Single use||Back cabin-Twin sharing||Back cabin-Single use|
|Price per person 3 days and 2 nights||$447.00||$778.00||$487.50||$848.00|
Book here: Siem-Reap (Angkor temples) to Phnom Penh
Our prices include:
• Full board accommodation, including meals mentioned in the program, coffee, tea & drinking water
• English speaking Khmère native on board manager
• Pick up at hotel in Siem Reap
• Excursions in our program (entrance fees, tuk-tuk, community boats, etc.) in Udong, Kompong Chhnang, Chok Tru, Kompong Klieng
• Boarding and disembarking – port taxe
• Passenger liability insurance included with “FORTE insurance”
Our prices do not include:
• Personal travel insurance
• Tours and meals other than those mentioned in the program
• Transfer from / to airport / to hotel in Phnom Penh
• Personal expenses & Gratuities for the crew/guides
Some more informations about availability and rates ?
For more informations on the course of our cruises, please read our FAQ.
Please read our terms and conditions.
Our commitment to authentic and safe cruises.
We ensure the refund of the entire deposit (except the costs of exchange or bank) if you decide to cancel the cruise more than one month before the scheduled departure.
Phnom Penh departure – View available dates here: From 07:00 am. Departure on tuesday. Boarding at Titanic tourism port, Sisowath quay in front of n°104 street, Phnom Penh. Arrival in Siem Reap on thursday around 03:00 pm
Siem Reap departure – View available dates here: From 07:30 am. Departure on friday at Chong Kneas port. Arrival in Phnom Penh on sunday around 03:00 pm
Sat Tung is a ship launched in December 2012 completely refurbished in may 2017, from a ancestral knowledge of Khmer carpenters, yet has modern and comfortable furnishings.
Owners may be on board. Lovers of Cambodia since 1992, they will be happy to help you discover the country through its rivers and its inhabitants. However, we draw the attention of our passengers on some very specific points of our cruises. Sat Tung is a boat owner of traditional construction, which implies certain constraints.
- No air conditioning. The boat is naturally ventilated and wooden cabins are covered by a white protective order to limit the temperature. These however are softer because we are on the river. The cabins are equipped with fans.
- We can not provide hot water in the bathrooms, water is only lukewarm. Due to the high temperatures almost all year round, the hot water did not seem necessary.
- Water used for the bathroom is clean and has embarked before each cruise. We have 4500 liters, which is enough for grooming, showers and kitchen. It must however be careful not to use it improperly. The water in the toilet is pumped into the river, giving this land of color to toilet bowls.
- Smoking is not permitted in cabins and toilets. We ask smokers to smoke only on the deck, while taking care of the cigarette butts. We are on a wooden boat.
- In order not to damage the bridge, ladies please do not walk with needle heels.
- We determine the menus before departure and we source fresh produce along our cruises. It is possible that our cook changes its menu based on availability on the market met or for an encounter with a fisherman.
- Outside the ships and large vessels built in other Asian countries, the sailing boats in Cambodia are equipped with thrusters trucks adapted to the hulls of ships. We tried to minimize engine noise by soundproofing of the engine room, but they remain.
- We sail on wild rivers, which makes the charm of these cruises, but they are also accompanied by uncertainties. So we often land on undeveloped shoreline, it is necessary to provide shoes accordingly. The water level varies over 8 meters depending on the season, changing the riverbed, the intensity of the currents forcing us to change course, or sometimes even looking our way. This may have an impact on our schedules.
- Likewise, we must continuously focus on objects floating in the river (tree trunks often) and jachintes water (on the Tonle Sap above), which can also change our schedule if we should stop the engine to change a propeller or release stems jachintes water that would wound it.
- Ya, our captain is very experienced. It is part of a minority called ‘Cham’ majority on the rivers of Cambodia. This water people are very peaceful community, where mutual aid is essential. Thus, we may need to ship a few people for a few hours if a request is made to Ya, for example to drive them to a dispensary. Similarly, if difficulties or changes occur on the river, one or two men can board to help our captain.
- If there are few insects in the day in the river, moorings at night can attract many, especially if we are the only lights visible for several kilometers. We are equipped with mosquito nets in the cabins and the main deck level to be able to dine comfortably. However, it is strongly recommended that repulsive and dark clothing (light colored clothes attract insects).
- The Sat Toung is equipped with solar equipment and a high-performance battery system. The cabins are all equipped with electric lights, 220 volt outlets, fans. We are equipped with a refrigerator, a freezer, WIFI, water pumps for running water, extractors in the bathrooms etc … All this equipment is fed by day by the Solar panels, by high performance batteries at night. They can not, however, withstand excessive power like a hair dryer.
- The Sat Tung is equipped with WiFi. This can however not be operational throughout the cruise, certain areas are not covered.
- By conviction, we have not equipped our TV cabins or minibar. The trip on board must be the opportunity to share in contact with the Sat Toung crew and the inhabitants of the river.
- The company PhoceaMekong cruises is intimately involved in the NGO Ptea Clara, which sponsors children along the river. We may need to meet some of these cruise ongoing sponsorships to control their education and provide them with school equipment.